Image: Minnesota Retailers Association
Retail’s biggest week is here… If you plan to do some holiday shopping, we strongly encourage you to skip large corporate chains, and instead enjoy our Reuse Minnesota member guide to local and sustainable businesses around the Twin Cities. Who needs Black Friday, when you can #OptOutside and partake in Small Business Saturday and Sustainable Sunday?
Shopping local is an important way to invest in our communities, reduce the climate and environmental impacts of our purchasing, and a great way to find unique gifts! Who knows what treasures you'll find when visiting a thrift store? You can handpick a thoughtful, curated gift that will be appreciated by your recipient. You can also move beyond gifting physical items and give the gift of experiences, memberships, and classes.
Local, small, and sustainable Reuse Minnesota businesses you can support
- Hennepin Restomods LLC - Is there someone on your list who enjoys restoring cars? This is the place to go if you are looking to refresh or restore your classic car!
- Keys 4/4 Kids - Promote the love of music with the gift of a piano! Shop the wide selection of quality used pianos. You can even take home donated sheet music at no cost.
- Littles GO - Have a little one on your list who loves the outdoors? Littles GO offers rental and sales of performance clothing and gear for fast growing little adventurers. Gift cards are also available.
- Minneapolis Toy Library - Give the gift of toys without acquiring clutter! A membership to the Minneapolis Toy Library gives your loved one the ability to borrow a new toy every 2-4 weeks.
- Minnesota Tool Library - Know a DIY-er? A membership or gift card to the Minnesota Tool Library gives them access to a large inventory of tools members can use for their projects.
- Old School by Steeple People - Shop quality used clothing and home goods for your loved ones. They offer gift cards too!
- Shop for Change - Prism - Shop for new and gently used donations from local businesses and community members.
- Repair Lair - Gift quality used and repaired gear needed for outdoor activities. You can also “gift” by covering the repair of someone’s favorite existing gear.
- Repowered - Shop affordable refurbished speakers, gaming consoles and accessories, laptops and more!
- RETHINK Tailoring- Gift the skill to mend and sew! A Rethink Tailoring membership gives you access to online support, online classes, and tutorials. Perfect for the budding sewist or person looking to expand their skills.
- Rethos: Places Reimagined - Give the gift of learning! Rethos offers workshops and classes to connect you to the tools, skills, and experiences you need to take good care of the places you love.
- Reuse Minnesota - Connect the reuse champion in your life to other reuse advocates! Reuse Minnesota offers individual memberships, or support our work and give a donation as a gift.
- Tech Fixers LLC - Know someone who had a favorite electronics item break recently? Consider the gift of repair! TechFixers can fix things like smartphones, gaming consoles, or even hoverboards!
- Twin Cities Habitat for Humanity ReStore - Gift quality used home furnishings and building supplies, or check out their DIY videos for giftable craft ideas for DIY’ing a gift!
Remember to support reuse by shopping these organizations throughout the year! What are other great local places you like to visit for reuse, rental, and repair?
Click the map for Google directions to the businesses featured above
#ShopLocal #ShopSmall #SustainableSunday #SmallBusinessSaturday #BlackFriday #CyberMonday