Interested in serving on the ReUSE Minnesota Board of Directors?
If you are interested in being a part of the ReUSE Minnesota Board of Directors, email a short bio and answers to the following questions to email@example.com (Subject line: Nomination) no later than Friday, November 8, 2019.
1. Why do you want to serve on the ReUSE MN Board of Directors?
2. What skills will you bring to the ReUSE MN Board of Directors (volunteer coordination, recruitment, budgeting, grant writing, public speaking, strategic planning, etc.)?
3. What is your relevant experience with reuse and sustainability (prior board service, business ownership, working with non-profits, etc.)?
The Board of Directors is charged with control of management of the affairs, business, and properties of ReUSE Minnesota. The Board of Directors has fiduciary and strategic responsibility for the organization. All those serving on the Board of Directors must be dues-paying Members in good standing. Board Members serve a 2-year term.
ReUSE Minnesota Board of Directors
- Demonstrate commitment to and enthusiasm for reuse, repair and rental in daily life
- Desire to connect more reuse businesses and build a stronger network
- Meet 2 hours per month at Board Meetings completing necessary preparation or follow up outside of meeting times
- Give 5-10 hours per month to ReUSE MN which may include but is not limited to: staffing event booths, giving promotional talks, visiting reuse-focused businesses, helping with internal administration work
- Serve on 1-2 committees, in addition to the Board of Directors
- Attend and help facilitate quarterly Member Meetings
- Lead initiatives and complete associated assigned tasks; follow through on commitments
- Participate collaboratively in frank discussions about the mission, vision, initiatives, and work of ReUSE Minnesota
The Board of Directors is made up of 4 officers: President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary as well as Board Members at Large.
President: The President shall be the Chief Executive Officer of ReUSE Minnesota and shall preside as Chairman at all meetings of the Board of Directors and of the Members. The President shall see that the rules of order and decorum are properly enforced in all deliberations of ReUSE MN and shall sign the approved minutes of each meeting. The President shall have general superintendence and direction of all of the other Officers of ReUSE Minnesota and shall see that their duties are properly performed.
Vice President: The Vice President shall preside as Chairman at all meetings of the Board of Directors in the absence of the President. The Vice President shall perform such other duties as the Board of Directors may direct.
Treasurer: The Treasurer shall supervise all dues collections and the accounts of ReUSE Minnesota; shall ensure that full and accurate accounting records are maintained at all times; and shall present such reports, including an annual report of ReUSE MN’s financial condition, as the Board of Directors may direct. The Treasurer shall perform such other duties as may be prescribed by the Board of Directors or the President.
Secretary: The Secretary shall keep minutes of all meetings of the Board of Directors and of the Members; shall attend all sessions of the Board of Directors; shall report unfinished business requiring action from prior meetings; shall supervise correspondence of ReUSE MN; and shall give, or cause to be given, notice of all meetings of the Board of Directors.
Management HQ, ReUSE Minnesota’s association management company, works closely with and supports all Board of Directors Officers and Members at Large in their work and the overarching initiatives of ReUSE Minnesota.
Directors are expected to be actively involved in 1-2 committees: Finance and Fundraising, Membership, or Education and Communication.
Finance and Fundraising Committee: Oversees the budget and all financial matters of ReUSE MN.
Membership Committee: Develops member retention and recruitment strategies and plans quarterly Member Meetings, the Annual Meeting, and occasional events to highlight ReUSE Minnesota businesses.
Education and Communication Committee: Organizes ReUSE MN presence at workshops, fairs, and other events. Seeks opportunities for ReUSE MN to reach businesses and potential members and guides annual communications plan.
If you have any questions about ReUSE Minnesota, or the Board of Directors election process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 352-9119.