Hennepin County is in the process of developing a Zero-Waste Plan. Once adopted, the operational plan will map Hennepin County to a zero-waste future where 90% or more of the County’s discarded materials are diverted from disposal in landfills, incinerators, and the environment.
The county is committed to conducting an inclusive, collaborative, and transparent stakeholder process during which both experts and concerned residents can come together to provide input on what is needed to realize a zero-waste future. If you live or work in Hennepin County, your feedback is requested. The listening session seeks your input on the following topics:
- Major obstacles to reaching zero waste
- Identification of gaps that the county’s zero-waste approach will need to fill
- Opportunities for Hennepin County, cities, residents, and businesses to transition to a zero-waste future in a manner that advances racial equity and mitigates unintended negative consequences
Please sign up for one of two targeted listening sessions:
1. Contractor, architect, or building material reuse reseller - May 4 from 1-2:30pm
2. Reuse or repair retailer or advocate - May 6 from 1-2:30pm
If you are a contractor, architect, or building material reuse reseller:
Your participation is needed in this 90-minute targeted stakeholder meeting on May 4 from 1:00-2:30 pm.
Please click on the link below to register for the construction and demolition and building material reuse industry stakeholder meeting:
If you have questions about the stakeholder meetings, the zero-waste planning process, or if you cannot participate in the meeting but would still like to share input, please contact Carolyn Collopy at Carolyn.Collopy@hennepin.us.
If you are a reuse or repair retailer or advocate:
Hennepin County is seeking your participation in a 90-minute targeted stakeholder meeting on May 6 from 1:00-2:30 pm.
Please click on the link below to register for the reuse and repair industry stakeholder meeting:https://recycle.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZApf--rqj0sE9wmNuMsXYJz3Gra94ACzFsy
If you have questions about the stakeholder meetings, the zero-waste planning process, or if you cannot participate in the meeting but would still like to share input, please contact Ben Knudson at Ben.Knudson@hennepin.us.